Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Black & White & Read All Over


I am a reader. Have I told you that? When I dive into a book, I really dive in. All sense of time disappears...not that I have a firm grasp on time anyway.

Earlier this week I finished the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Took me about four days, and I don't think I ate or slept until I was done. I really enjoyed it...until it was over. Always happens. If it's good I can't put it down, and when it's over I miss the people I met between the covers.

R.A. Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, The Number of the Beast...

Stephen King's The Dark Tower series...

David and Leigh Eddings' The Mallorean and The Belgariad...

David Feintuch's The Seafort Saga...

Stephen R. Donaldson's Gap series, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever.

These are the nearest and dearest to my heart, the ones I read again and again. These are comfort food.

If you haven't been introduced, I'd love for you to meet some good friends of mine...

(Original photo by austinevan, some rights reserved .)

2 comments:

  1. I, too, can not put a book down until I've finished it...which is why I rarely read them! I need to have a two day stretch where I can sit on the couch with my book, and that just doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I do it when I'm not sleeping and should be. Not a great idea, unless you have a devoted keeper willing to brave the wrath, steal the book sometime before 3 a.m. and insist you at least pretend to sleep.

    ReplyDelete