Monday, January 5, 2009

I Don't Eat Cat Poop, Either

I got an email today that gave me the warm fuzzies...

  • If you can start the day without caffeine (not a chance)
  • If you can get going without pep pills (ok, yeah, no pep pills here)
  • If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains (I like to think so, but I'm frequently reminded that I'm not)
  • If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles (um...that's kind of the point of this blog...to resist complaining to the people who are stuck listening to it)
  • If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it (assuming it's mexican; otherwise fuggedaboutit)
  • If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time (hmmmm...this is sounding less and less like me)
  • If you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you when, no fault of yours, things go wrong (overlook it? no pity party crying in the corner??)
  • If you can take criticism and blame without resentment (hah!)
  • If you can ignore a friend’s limited education and never correct him (I've gotten much better about this, but...no)
  • If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend (this one's easy...I don't have any rich friends)
  • If you can face the world without lies and deceit (even when it's myself I'm deceiving?)
  • If you can conquer tension without medical help (uh...you're kidding, right?)
  • If you can relax without liquor (another easy one...I rarely imbibe)
  • If you can sleep without the aid of drugs (we don't need no stinking sleep!!)
  • If you can say honestly that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, or politics (I was good until they said politics...but I'm trying, I am!)

Then, my Friend, you are as good as your dog.
– Author unknown


Well, hell. I'm NOT as good as my dog. *sniff* He's a great dog. OK, he's not a great dog, but I love him like he was. He chews my shoes (think we're up to five or six pairs, one worn twice and one brand-spanking-new never even worn 'em yet), he hogs the bed, he's mean to the cats, and somebody tell me WHY I have to guard the litter box!!!!

(Original photo by Trebz, some rights reserved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment